These days, we can easily create our own websites using readily available designs online. Some are actually free templates which are user-friendly and anyone can easily follow the instructions provided. Custom websites on the other hand look more professional and are offering more features than the self-built templates. What type is more effective and has more benefits?
Importance of Website Development
What are the advantages of building a website?
Business owners need to design or build their own websites to help them in the promotion of their products and services. With the trend these high tech times of establishing businesses’ online reputation, a website has become a necessity. You can reach a wider audience if you do have your own site featuring your commodities or anything that you sell or offer. Since almost all people are surfing the net every waking hour, it has been a great venue to expose your business and become truly indispensable.
Custom Website vs. Self-Built Templates
- Self-built templates are relatively cheaper if not entirely free of costs.
- If you have created or designed your website properly using templates, it would be an advantage but if done poorly, will backfire against you.
- Some self-built templates don’t work well on mobile devices. With the advent of smart phones and tablets, netizens use them as their leading internet source. More expensive and well-crafted better-designed templates are developed to be more responsive and compatible to mobile device but it’s essential to make sure your template has this feature.
- Self-built templates offer limited graphics design and navigation features. A few and limited customization can be offered by templates which usually are the more expensive ones, but you are with restricted graphics design and navigation.
- Self-built templates offer same designs a lot of people must also be using. Expert website designers can prevent this situation with creative use of graphics and customization but the most famous themes have been downloaded thousands of times on the net thus people have similar web designs.
- Self-built templates can pose security threat. Since these templates are usually free if not costs lesser than the custom web designs, it can sacrifice the security of the user while custom websites offer more security and has anti-hacking features to safeguard your web site.
Cons of Self-Built Templates
- Pose security threat.
- Can easily be hacked.
- Lacks a lot of features and other functionalities.
- Less flexible compared to custom design.
Quality and Security Should Not Be Sacrificed
On building your own website, it is normal to be cost-effective but it’s not effective if you will be sacrificing your security and the quality of your site which will represent your business or brand.